Friday, October 06, 2006

Service Without A Smile

Ah, the joys of having a "service provider" who, in the process of upgrading me to super, super-duper high speed internet, kills the ADSL line stone dead.

Luckily they have a helpful support staff who get right on it and endeavour to fix the fault immediately.

I lie! They're all clueless chob lobbers. The longest they've kept me on hold, over the last nine days, to speak to someone about the fault: 50 minutes. And then the excuse was modem problem/filter problem/typical bullshit from someone who hasn't a clue. That was eventually eclipsed by a 75 minute wait, although when I finally rotated around to the front of the queue, the helpdesk mong cut me off.

Any other time, I would say what the hell and get on with my work, free from any distractions. Unfortunately some of the current work requires material being emailed to LA for verification. Marvellous!

And people wonder why Britain is no longer an empire.

1 Comments:

At 3:01 pm, Blogger wcdixon said...

Hey Good Dog, yer back... sitting on hold that long, or any length of time actually, and then getting cut off or disconnected? Mental...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home