Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tuesday And Confused

After the weekend, and then recovering from the weekend, back to the tasks at hand. Back to the desk and chair. Back to the computer. Back to the work at hand, in a room that seems extraordinarily quiet.

Before beginning work today, there was a conundrum to solve. Last night, once the computer I was turned off, I grabbed a notebook to write the project character descriptions, taking it with me when I retired for the night.

Usually there are about three notebooks floating around. Everything written down is usually preceded by an acronym to identify the project it relates to. New ideas are simply labelled NEW.

Waking up this morning, flipping back through the pages, I came across:

I thought I was sawing but then I realized I was punching a monkey

Judging from the material on the previous pages, the book hadn’t been used for a while. Shifting papers on the desk had simply brought it back up to the top of the pile. Where this came from, I have no idea.

It may have been something overheard that I scribbled down. I hope to God that it was.

I thought I was sawing but then I realized I was punching a monkey?

Please don’t say that it came out of my head.

4 Comments:

At 6:06 pm, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

It's an Izzard-ism. Probably got repeated by me at some point when I ran out of my own limited supplies of humour... ;-)

 
At 7:33 pm, Blogger Good Dog said...

Oh thank feck for that!

And as for anonymous, thanks for the offer, but the last time I made an easy $900 having what I thought was fun, I couldn't sit down for three days.

 
At 7:42 pm, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

I want to know what "secret shopping" is. Does it mean that you end up with a bunch of carrier bags full of stuff you have no recollection of buying?

 
At 4:04 am, Blogger wcdixon said...

You two should take your show on the road. Oh, right...you have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home