Friday, April 06, 2007

Inside Drawer B

And this is what’s inside Drawer B. Or rather, this is what was typed up amongst pages of notes and scenes and dialogue and general scribbles that I'm trying to decipher.

Either I was running very fast when I wrote some of them or I was sitting down while an electrical current was being passed through me. In fact I spent ages trying to work out one short sentence only to eventually discover it was a very strange doodle.

Actually, I thought I had more of this one, which has been down in the dark a very long time it has been "entombed" rather than "left maturing in wood". I do have a very strange, and very eerie, final scene. So I guess that just leaves all the bits in the middle to put in order.

And the opening scene is more like a gussied up treatment than anything. I just liked the idea of the archetypical images for a werewolf movie being turned on their head into something different.

Years back I actually pitched this one. The Head of Development listened up to the point I mentioned the reveal of who the werewolf is comes when the character wakes up choking and discovers the fingertip of one of the previous night's victims wedged in their throat.

Right then he asked, “What else?”, wanting to move on. He had a point. It wasn’t the sort of material for Warner Brothers Feature Animation - like I said, it was years back. But we had gone through all my kiddie movie ideas.

Luckily I didn’t mention the preceding scene, which would have looked a bit like the crime scene Dutch walks into in the season six premiere of The Shield.

Anyway, this was what was typed up. I’m still sure there was a lot more, which means it wither wasn’t transferred over from the old computer, or it was printed up and stuffed an unmarked folder in the filing cabinets.

Oh, and I’m not happy with the title either. Once again, all opinions are welcome.



3 Comments:

At 12:37 pm, Blogger potdoll said...

love it, although it started off like a horror/werewolf film but then seemed to be a war film. what happens next?

 
At 1:04 pm, Blogger Good Dog said...

Dolly, the idea was to take the archetypal image of the full moon and wolf howl associated with werewolf movies and then turn it on its head.

It goes on to mix the traditional European werewolf ideas with Native American beliefs.

And it doesn't end well for almost all the characters.

 
At 1:16 pm, Blogger potdoll said...

Oh I see. sounds interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home