Thursday, April 05, 2007

Should I Be Excited?

Working in animation, people always assumed that I watched the stuff as well. That would be like expecting a gynaecologist to come home from a busy day and... okay, possibly a bad example.

Even after all these years that means there is still a heck of a lot of Disney, Miyazaki and, er... other features and shorts that I either haven’t seen or only just caught up with now that they’re on shiny discs.

One area of animation I absolutely avoided like the frikkin’ plague were the television series in the 1980s that were nothing more than badly made, extended commercials for various ranges of toys/plastic crap. I was too old for it, anyway.

So, having not seen the original shows, I’m still wondering whether I should be bouncing up and down with glee at pictures like this...


or this...


because they fold up and turn into things.

Or because it's by Michael Bay and he blows up stuff real good?

2 Comments:

At 9:18 pm, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

I always liked the idea (for sheer stupidity) of the one that turned into a gun.

Not terribly mobile once 'transformed', are we? Turn into a gun and, oops, facing the wrong way and uh-oh, just fell over.

Nice. ;-)

 
At 10:46 pm, Blogger Good Dog said...

Wouldn't it be a very BIG gun? Or a very tiny robot to start with?

Or am I trying to put too much logic into it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home