Friday, January 01, 2010

Making Contact

Another day, another decade. All we can hope for, I guess, is that it’s better than the last. Whenever a new year comes around I look for some inspirational quote to make up for the drivel I spout the rest of the time. Unfortunately the only thing rattling around in my head right now are these words from Bertrand Russell:

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Since that doesn’t quite have the encouraging ring I was looking for, maybe it’s best to start 2010 with this image of the Earth taken by the crew of the International Space Station in late November of last year and let you make of it what you will as I proffer you a Happy New Year and a wish for wings that work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home