Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Play And Make Good Cheer

That’s me done. The few presents I needed to get have been got, and even wrapped. The painkillers and drops for the ear infection that has stopped me from having a coherent thought for most of the past week, are packed. The pages filled with words has been printed up so that hopefully and at some point during the festivities there’ll be an opportunity to bitch slap them with a red pen. If not, it’s no big deal.

Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, I hope you enjoy the festivities. Play nice if you’re supposed to, but if there’s no parental supervision whatsoever go as crazy as you like. Depending on how the rail services are working during the strangely inclement weather for this time of year – and as long as I survive my sister’s cooking – I should be back here around this time next week of you feel like stopping by. In the meantime have fun.

3 Comments:

At 2:42 pm, Blogger potdoll said...

Happy Christmas and lots of love and I'm sure your sister's cooking will be lovely. See you next year. XXX

 
At 4:51 pm, Blogger Stephen Gallagher said...

Have a great one -- may you dodge all of the weather and none of the love.

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger Good Dog said...

Dolly,

I joke about sis' cooking but she always does a grand joke - evening making great gravy.

I hope you and the other half had a great Christmas out in the sun. All I really remember about Christmas in LA was how strange it was having a big roast dinner on such a hot and sunny day. The pre-meal beer on the balcony, looking out at the mountains fringing Burbank, made far more sense.

Stephen,

Good to see that you had a trouble free journey back. Obviously now acclimatized to the West Coast weather I hope the cold wasn't too much of a shock and you had a great time back home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home