Monday, December 04, 2006

Self Medicating

Start the week off filming at another pharma company with Work Buddy. Once there we found out the filmed sequences were only going to be used for an in-house presentation.

We were surprised to discover they were willing to spunk a load of cash on something that’s solely for staff consumption. But if that’s what they want to do, we’re more than happy to help take it off their hands.

The only real problem was that one of the people interviewed had a very gripping handshake. Just when I thought the pinched nerve around my elbow was getting better it got a good, sharp tug to bring it back to life.

So it’s back on the pills to quell the nagging ache. Which means I probably picked the wrong day to quit the gaspers. With no gum or patch alternative, by late afternoon I wanted to run outside and punch a couple of passers-by in the face just because.

But I should be over that phase in a couple of days. Hopefully.

2 Comments:

At 4:25 am, Blogger wcdixon said...

Good luck staying off the smokes...I was on them for many years, then off for almost 7 years until recently. Sigh. My last real vice. Tough to give them all up.

 
At 11:26 am, Blogger Good Dog said...

Third day, so it's almost out of my system.

Yesterday the Nintendo almost went out the window on a couple of occasions. When the server went down the computer almost followed it.

Hardly drink, so they were my only real vice. And I didn't like smoking indoors, so it wasn't like I was at my desk puffing away. Instead nipping out for a gasper was good thinking time. Which is probably why brain activity for the last couple of days has been virtually nil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home