Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holding Pattern

It has been one of those days that felt like one step forward, two back. Or one-and-a-half back. Let’s not be too pessimistic about it.

There are projects in the air that we’re waiting to hear back on and... nothing. So it leaves us twiddling our thumbs, distracted from doing anything else.

The Delightful LA Actress and her colleagues had their meeting yesterday. Part of it would be to work out the additional information we need for the website pages. Obviously because of the time difference we’re way ahead of them in the working day, and it is early, but it still means we’re waiting on the results.

Last week I mentioned picking up a tip that there might be a way of weaselling my way into something new coming up. The only concern was that getting my snout anywhere near the trough would require tact, sensitivity and guile on my part. Which is by no means an easy feat. Will Dixon helpfully suggested I try some ‘acting’. But before I could draw on the urbane charm that lies deep within me, I just found out that some noddypeak simpleton had beaten me to the punch. So that was that.

It also looks like I won’t be getting to sit down with the Agent whose Actress Client is looking to write her autobiography. At least not in the next couple of days. So I sent her a letter outlining a possible course of action, beginning with a preliminary extended Q&A with the Actress Client that I can mould into a sample chapter. That way everyone can see early on if we’re on the right page, and help sell the project. (If it can happen sometime in the next three weeks they can have it by New Year and I’ll have an excuse to stay in London working rather than spend the festivities down with family).

And I’m waiting on directions of where to go with the next stage of the pharmaceutical reports as the deadline creeps closer. Still, on the bright side, I got home to find the first season DVD of Boston Legal, which was a runner-up prize in a Radio Times website competition, waiting for me. Never seen it, hope it’s good. But first I'll have a game of Perfect Dark to let off steam.

3 Comments:

At 8:49 pm, Blogger wcdixon said...

Had a Look at Boston P yet? I don't know about the first season, but I know it lightened up and my dad swears by it (but he's always been a Kelley fan)

 
At 9:35 pm, Blogger Good Dog said...

Haven't got around to it yet I'm afraid. New episodes of Heroes and Battlestar Galactica and Dexter came along. Oh, and Friday Night Lights to check out as well.

There's some Kelley stuff I like. Then again, Boston Legal has "The Shat" who is always entertaining.

 
At 12:41 am, Blogger Good Dog said...

Will,

Watched the pilot of Boston Legal.

I guess the only Kelley shows I've watched are the first couple seasons of Chicago Hope and Alley McBeal. Liked the quirky style and the back and forth word play.

Of course I watched them before discovering Aaron Sorkin and The West Wing. So watching this show is like taking a couple of steps back.

Still Shatner is entertaining as ever playing Denny Crane. Spader is great doing sleazy. And there is a good supporting cast that includes Rene Auberjonois.

Seen better. Seen worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home