Thursday, November 23, 2006

Odds and Ends, Middles and Beginnings

Finally, a long term project that was becoming something of a millstone around our necks is gone for good. Though the content and box artwork had already been signed off on, there were still a number of advance copies we were required to burn to disc and package ready to go out the door.

Late morning and they were done. And not a moment too soon. Which leaves...

The website for the Delightful LA Actress. Which is completed, but not one hundred per cent. She’s more than happy with the results, I’m not convinced and want to add more pertinent information to the content.

While I’ve begun to correspond with one of the business’ two other co-founders, so as not to put the onus solely on the DLAA, neither has managed to find time in their schedules to supply us with what I need.

It came down to me suggesting I write a list of what is still outstanding, email each of them the document so the responsibility of sourcing the material can be shared equally. Which seemed fair. Informed of a meeting early next week, it seemed the ideal time to get it done. Since it’s Turkey Day in LA and across America, it gives us the extra time we need to compile the list and send if off in advance. Especially because...

In the next couple of days I should be seeing the agent whose Actress Client is looking to write her autobiography. We’ve crossed paths briefly since the initial discussion. This time there’s the opportunity to properly sit down and discuss it. Which means compiling notes and ideas to show I’m showing willing. And come up with a relatively simple hook to twist her story around so it doesn’t simply kick off with “I was born at an early age...” and then run chronologically. On top of which...

A day or so ago I picked up a tip that there might be a way of weaselling my way into something else coming up. Although it may require tact, sensitivity and guile on my part. Which means, given my track record on such matters, means that I’m fucked. But it may be worth a punt. Which only leaves...

Episode four of The State Within. So what if the viewing figures are down. If you’ve given up on this you’re a fool and I discard you! After three weeks of willingly following the circuitous trail of tantalising clues, the pieces are beginning to come together as the drama heads toward the home straight.

This is the equivalent of rolling onto your back and having a tummy rub. It is just so damn good that I’m already worrying about what the withdrawal symptoms will be like.

Oh, and Work Buddy’s girlfriend had missed last week. Which meant with only minutes to go before tonight’s episode started she asked me to clue her in on what had happened. Right. Ah...

1 Comments:

At 6:14 pm, Blogger wcdixon said...

"Although it may require tact, sensitivity and guile on my part. Which means, given my track record on such matters, means that I’m fucked."

You crack me up, GD

Just do some 'acting'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home