Thursday, May 24, 2007

More Talk

Back to Marylebone for the afternoon and my second sit down with the Actress. This time I made sure there was far less of me on the tape to make the transcribing tomorrow easier on my ears.

With her off to America next week I needed to pick up on some of the background she had touched on last time. With her career already documented we concentrated on her parents’ background and her childhood. As a dyslexic, school had been particularly difficult where she was simply thought of as being “slow”.

We had planned to set aside an hour but typically we overran. Eventually, armed with a number of old magazines and clippings from her archive, I wandered across Central London ready for Our Pal’s birthday drink.

I lasted three hours. A hot sticky day, I would have preferred to be in tee-shirt and shorts rather than a suit. Running late in the morning – having worked to three in the morning, I slept way past the alarm – I had only managed to scarf down a couple of slices of toast.

The pub selected, while quiet, hadn’t anything close to competent air-conditioning. Hot, tired and hungry, I was wilting fast. I managed to keep to keep it together long enough to talk with a friend who works for Granada and wants Work Buddy and I to send him our scripts.

A football match was playing silently on the television. Luckily there were no supporters on hand this time, save one. The game featured the Republic of Ireland against Ecuador and the woman sitting next to me pointed out her brother playing on the RoI side.

Finding out that she was a voiceover artiste, and looking for new people we could use for the pharma work, I traded business cards with her. Asking what she was currently working on, I learnt that tomorrow morning she was going in to provide ADR for the series finale of Doctor Who. Finishing my drink, I made my exit.

4 Comments:

At 8:53 am, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

Well done fella! Sorry I couldn't get along.

 
At 10:53 am, Blogger Lara said...

Hey, as discussed, don't forget me for your v/o work - you've got my card!

 
At 2:38 pm, Blogger Good Dog said...

Lara, of course we haven't forgotten you.

But we need subs ready for when you become too rich and successful to waste your time on piddling little things for us.

 
At 6:38 pm, Blogger Lara said...

LOL - look into your ball (no smut pls) and do let me know when that'll be!!! Besides: once promised - always delivered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home