Wednesday, February 14, 2007

VD

Didn’t have to bother this year with flowers and chocolates as a precursor to the equation

Wine + Dine = Supine*

I’m too busy to get involved in the next crash-and-burn relationship, which at least saves me any future grief. If I put some effort into it, maybe. Nobody seems to find the charm-offensive offensive. But ultimately I can do without the eventual grief that comes after the moments of pleasure.

A (different) secretary recently described me to a colleague as “the king of the one-liners” and warned her to watch out for me before giving me a wink. Then, somehow, a conversation yesterday got steered around to me almost convincing a girl to jump naked out of a cake for my birthday in a couple of weeks.

Come to think of it, she suggested the cake. I just voiced my concerns about where the sugar frosting would end up.


* Where that popped into my head from, I have absolutely no idea. If it upsets anyone I apologise in advance. I’m not actively trying to get any more folk to drop me from their links, honest.

6 Comments:

At 4:57 am, Blogger Brian Sibley said...

Happy VD and (when it comes) Bd!

By the way, I've just compensated for at least one of those people dropping you from their links, by adding you to mine!! ;-)

 
At 9:21 am, Blogger Lucy V said...

I'm so dropping you now...

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger Good Dog said...

Lucy, correct me if I'm wrong but you never had me to begin with.

...er, so to speak.

 
At 5:29 pm, Blogger Good Dog said...

Brian, thanks for that. The movie descriptions are on the way.

 
At 5:41 pm, Blogger Brian Sibley said...

Movie competition entries received with thanks!

 
At 10:16 am, Blogger Vic Trundles said...

My uncle Ennis was bit of loner also. He never had girlfriend. He was also forgetful. He use to send himself VD cards then could not recall who they were from. We tell him that he should not send VD cards anonymous - always sign name.

He is dead now Uncle Ennis. He died of actual VD. God know how he managed to catch it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home