Monday, February 26, 2007

Suits Me

Got talked into doing some fill-in work for a company in Wembley. Nothing too exciting, but it gives me something to do while Work Buddy bashes his head against a wall with the DVD authoring for a regular client who really should have his beaten against a wall, repeatedly.

The thing with the Wembley gig is that the dress code means I have to wear a suit. Which meant that today was the first time I’ve worn a suit to work, ever.

All these years bouncing about between animation studios, design and advertising consultancies, documentary film making companies, and even more animation companies, I’ve managed to get away with it, wearing anything from smart casual to scruff, and all points in between, depending on how many hours we were racking up that week.

I’ve only really worn the one suit I have for weddings and funerals, but I never felt comfortable. Flashbacks to the years of school uniforms didn’t help as well as always feeling constricted around the neck and wrists.

So I was dreading it. Until I went out and bought myself a new suit. Sure, it cost more than twice what I had been planning to pay, but it fits perfectly, I actually feel good wearing it, and I’m getting looks from the ladies.

I mentioned the last point to Work Buddy who said “Now you see why I wear the damn things!”

2 Comments:

At 9:21 am, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

My work here is done...

 
At 11:36 am, Blogger Robin Kelly said...

I've been reluctant to "suit up" but there's an incentive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home