Thursday, June 04, 2009

Don’t Eat The Snow In Outer Space

I was nosing around YouTube for some choice classic B&W silent comedy clips to provide some light relief while you struggle to come up with your six old black & white movies to introduce someone to the world of cinema, and was recommended this. I’m not a fan of a lot of these mashups, simply because they aren’t as clever as their creators think they are. Han Solo, P.I., however, is genius as far as I’m concerned.



There is also a side–by–side comparison with the original Magnum, P.I. title sequence for those who don’t remember it, which shows that the folk who put all this together actually took the time to select the right clips rather than simply cobble together any old footage.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 am, Blogger Brian Sibley said...

Great mash-up! Brilliant piece of editing!

 
At 2:46 am, Blogger Good Dog said...

Brian,

I think they've come up with a clever piece of work.

Of course if they want to add a great big bowl of irony to the mix they'd be hunched over their keyboards right now putting together Indiana Jones, P.I..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home