Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Creeping Forward

It’s that time of year again. In fact, based on this post, bizarrely it actually was a whole year ago since the last time I was hobbled like this.


The week started out just fine and dandy, getting together with Work Buddy and meeting up with an old friend we hadn’t seen for bloody ages. Then Tuesday morning everything was going well, in fact, scooting through Soho I even discovered I was much taller than Brian Blessed.

But on the way home yesterday everything started to grind to a halt. Curled up in the seat, unable to concentrate on the newspaper’s Su Dokus, I was taken with a sudden case of creeping death.

Since then life has been divided between the bedroom and bathroom. When I haven’t been flat on my back, or scribbling some increasingly bizarre notes in the pad beside the bed, I’ve been re-reading David Wild’s The Showrunners, about a select number of programme makers trying to survive the 1998-99 season. Less than ten years ago, the television landscape then appears so quaint.

Woken up by the telephone ringing just after 8:15 this evening, I thought it was the alarm clock announcing the arrival of Thursday morning. Though feeling better I’m a little out of sync. So what I was going to write about this week will have to wait.

5 Comments:

At 11:11 am, Blogger potdoll said...

aw doll. glad you are feeling better. and that you are taller than brian blessed. x

 
At 12:44 pm, Blogger Lucy V said...

Why do people re-read books? Don't they remember them? And if they don't, surely this means the book was crap anyway? Same with films. Watch it. Remember it. If you don't, it was crap.

Though I do re-watch occasionally. Though only ever for work, never for fun.

I too have creeping death.

I blame you, since you were hanging around on my blog yesterday. Cyber death.

 
At 11:58 pm, Blogger Brian Sibley said...

Get better soon - and when you are back on your feet, please note, you have been tagged

 
At 5:55 pm, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

Lucy: possibly the same reason that people go back to places they love.

 
At 5:59 pm, Blogger Good Dog said...

Dolly,

had a bit of a relapse because I was off doing too many things yesterday. Although I've got some notes to write up and expand upon, I think I'm going to take it easy this weekend. Hope you're well.

Lucy,

You really scare me sometimes with the things you say. Why do people re-read books? Oh, good grief. Why do people order the same food off a menu more than once? Why do they make love to their partner more than once? Because it's an enjoyable experience. (Unless of course the rest of the food is rubbish or your partner's shit in the sack).

Brian,

Up and done. Lucky that I didn't grab a book on the desk because that first line from James Lovelock's Gaia - A New Look at Life on Earth reads:

A flight of farts, you may think, but it serves to illustrate how little we know about this whole subject.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home